Sharpen your pens and pencils kids! And get your paintbrushes, markers and crayons ready too!
The Youth Art Contest offered by Cooperative Living is underway and the theme is “My Favorite Pet”. What a great way for children and grandchildren to display their creativity and artistic ability to more than a million readers throughout Virginia.
And they can win some cool cash!
The 9th Annual Cooperative Living Youth 2011 Youth Art Contest is open to all children from kindergarten through the fifth grade. There will be three winners from each grade category and all winning entries will be published in the July 2011 issue of Cooperative Living.
Cash prizes are:
- First place in each grade category is $25 cash
- “Best of Show” from all categories receives a $100 cash prize – and they will be featured on the July cover of the magazine
Here’s how to enter:
- Create your own personal artwork vertically (portrait-style) on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of white paper. Original artwork cannot be returned. Remember the theme, “My Favorite Pet”.
- Entry should include the child’s name, age, grade in school, mailing address and parent’s or guardian’s daytime telephone number.
- Deadline for entries is May 1, 2011 and entries should be mailed flat (not folded).
- Submit entries to Youth Art Contest, c/o Cooperative Living, P. O. Box 2340, Glen Allen, VA 23058-2340.
Encourage children to use their creative talent and build self-confidence in the process. You never know when you might just have the next great artist!