On your mark, get ready, get set….GO!
The Jack & Abby 5K Race is set for June 25, 2011 and registration is open now.
Who are Jack & Abby?
Jack and Abby would have celebrated their second birthdays on June 25, 2011. We are celebrating in their honor and helping other babies who are in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit fighting for their lives. This race is important to remember Jack and Abby, and to help newborn babies survive. The event will be held in Innsbrook’s picnic area and there are plenty of new things to enjoy this year:
- Stroller division including stroller awards
- Toddler t-shirts for sale
- Butterfly Release at the start of the race (you can “buy” a butterfly in honor of a child at the registration table)
- Great raffle prizes including $500 to Hayes & Fisk Photography, Hair Perfection Gift Certificate, FREE stay at Residence Inn Northwest Richmond, voucher for a dozen cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcake and many more.
Purchase tickets online this year ahead of the race — or purchase them at the race. Choose which prizes to put your tickets toward at the race.
The race hours are:
- 8:15 a.m. – 1 mile kids fun run
- 8:30 a.m. – 5K run/walk/stroller
Click here for more information or to register.
Thanks to Richmondmoms and everyone else for helping us support this important event!