CultureWorks is pleased to announce its third annual Arts and Culture Xpo (formerly Cultsha Xpo) will take place on Saturday, June 29th at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.
“New name and new location, but still the same fantastic event” says John Bryan, CultureWorks President. “We had an opportunity for 2013 to really expand the event, and we were so pleased to also be able to highlightRichmond’s new Arts and Culture District by moving to the Convention Center.”
The larger venue also enables CultureWorks to expand the Xpo to include arts and culture programs of schools and universities, libraries and recreation organizations, faith-based organizations, and other nonprofit organizations that have arts and culture components. At previous Xpos the event was limited to only the Region’s non-profit organizations with a direct arts and culture mission.
The Arts and Culture Xpo is a signature annual event presented by CultureWorks that showcases the Richmondregion’s arts and culture. It is a gathering for Cultural Shareholders – anyone who recognizes and values arts and culture for great communities! The Xpo is an explosion of the arts, history, science, and family fun for the Richmond Region – all under one roof on one day.
The day features:
- FREE admission, 10 am – 5 pm
- FREE performances, on two different stages, from local arts and culture organizations including musical, visual art, theatrical, historical, dance and more!
- Opportunities for families to participate in hands-on activities and learn more about organizations, tickets, subscriptions, performances, education programs and so much more from local participating arts and culture organizations.
- FREE money – XpoBucks – for each registered Cultural Shareholder to use at the event, with any of the participating nonprofit organizations.
For 2013 we look forward to:
- 100 organizations under one roof on one day.
- 10,000 attendees enjoying and learning about arts and culture in our community.
- $100,000 invested by CultureWorks in the participating organizations.