Saturday, June 22, 2013
Picnic Area at Lake Innsbrook
4222 Cox Rd. Glen Allen, VA
7-8:00 am Registration and Packet Pick up
8:10 am Butterfly Release
8:15 am 1/2 Mile Kids Fun Run
8:30 am 5K Run, Walk or Stroller Race
9-10:30 am Awards, moon bounce, snow cones, Bonnie the Bunny, games and more!
EARLY PACKET PICK UP AND LATE REGISTRATION ON FRIDAY EVENING:
Friday, June 21, 2013 – 4:00-7:00PM
Courtyard Richmond Northwest
3950 Westerre Pkwy
Richmond, VA 23233
Bring the entire family out to support families with babies in the Bon Secours’ Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) by participating in a 5K Run/Walk/Stroller and 1/2 Mile Kids Fun Run.
Jack and Abby Smith would have celebrated their 4th birthdays this June. Please help us celebrate in their honor and help other babies who are in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit fighting for their lives.
New This Year!
- Great Prizes for top 2 fundraisers (one each)
- iPad Mini
- One-Night Stay, Brunch and valet parking at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA
- Special Incentive for anyone who may just want to raise a little money!
- For every $50 raised on your personalized fundraising page (email easy link to friends and family), you get 1 raffle ticket entered for a chance to win a $200 Amazon Gift Card. The more you raise, the more chances you get!
- If everyone raises just $50, total funds raised could allow a family to stay at a hotel close to their sick baby for weeks, or provide a safe place for a baby to sleep when they go home.
- 5K Run/Walk/Strollers: $30 online through June 20th at noon (credit card); $35 onsite or evening before at Courtyard Marriott (cash, check or credit card)
- Kids* 1/2 Mile: $15 online through June 20th at noon (credit card); $20 onsite or evening before at Courtyard Marriott (cash, check or credit card) *3-12 years old
The race will take place rain or shine!
NEW: $100 Friend Sponsorship includes two free 5K registrations (kids race is NOT eligible) AND name listed on event banner! You can do this in the regular online race registration sign up area.*Must sign up by June 14th to be guaranteed to be on the banner.
If you or someone you know may be interested in sponsoring our race, please visit: SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. Available sponsorships range from $100-$2500.
To view our current sponsors: CLICK HERE.
We are asking everyone to create a fundraising page and consider raising at least $50. If you want to raise more, even better! Special prizes for top children (ages 3-12) fundraisers!
- $50 can pay for one month of a breast pump rental for a NICU mom
- $75 can pay for a pack n play for a baby to sleep safely when they go home
- $100 can pay for one night in a hotel for parents who live far away
Great prizes and incentives! CLICK HERE to read more and to learn how to quickly set up your page.
Race T-shirts will be guaranteed to the first 200 registrants; one T-shirt comes with each registration. If your child is riding in the stroller, you do not need to pay for him/her to participate. If you want to get an additional toddler t-shirt, they are available for purchase in advance (and onsite based on availability) for $10.00. You will be offered the opportunity during your online registration to purchase toddler shirts.
We added the live butterfly release 2 years ago as way to honor babies who have spent time in a NICU. These butterflies represent any baby who is currently in a NICU, has graduated from a NICU or for those who did not make it home.
We will have a banner onsite at the race for you to write the name(s) of the baby on the banner. We will release the butterflies at the start line at 8:10am just before the kids race begins. Please be sure to get there in plenty of time so you do not miss this moment.
Butterflies are available to purchase online at the end of your race registration process or onsite at the race for $5 each.
If you cannot make the race but would like to purchase a butterfly(ies) to be released in honor or memory of a baby, please CLICK HERE. If you would like us to include these names on the banner, please email them to email@example.com by June 21st at 4:00pm.
Awards will be given to the top three male, female and stroller participants. Medals will be given to those who participates in the fun run.