Postpartum Mental Health Workshop
The nursery colors are picked out and the registry items are selected. What’s left to do as you plan for your new arrival? At Virginia Women’s Center, we believe that a woman’s postpartum mental health is just as important as her physical health and that’s why we’d like to suggest that our expectant moms plan and learn about complete postpartum health – health of body and mind.
Dr. Lisa Cuseo-Ott, psychologist at Virginia Women’s Center, will offer a workshop for expectant or new moms. The hour-long educational workshop will focus on the psychological health and well-being of new mothers. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- The hormonal, physical and psychosocial changes that come with having a baby
- The continuum of postpartum mental health conditions
- Factors that may predispose individuals to have a postpartum condition
- Tips for preventing or reducing the effects of postpartum conditions
- Treatment options to consider if a diagnosis is made
Where: Virginia Women’s Center John Rolfe location. The workshop will be held in the waiting room.
When: Tuesday, November 12 from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
Registration: To register, please call 804.288.4084 by Friday, November 8.
Cost: This educational workshop is offered at no charge. It is for Virginia Women’s Center patients and their significant others only.