ARTICLE UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 19, 2012 – Next test dates: SAT – Oct 6 and Nov 3; ACT – Oct 27. These are by far the most popular test dates for Seniors because it is their last chance to improve scores before they’re inked into college applications. Contact us if your student needs help!
Do you ever wonder why and how tutoring works? How are tutors able to help students?
As students head back to school, lots of parents are asking these questions. Many are already preparing and planning for college prep exams such as PSAT, SAT, and ACT exams – and the question of tutors for teens comes up often.
College Tutors provide excellent tutoring services for children and teens in the Richmond area. They help students of all ages reach their full potential. College Tutors ensure their tutors are well-trained and prepared to make learning fun and effective.
The following offers other great reasons you may want to consider a tutor during the school year:
- Tutoring works because students get personalized, one-on-one attention to start with. Teachers are limited with the amount of individualized time they can offer students and this means some kids may need a little more help. Tutors are committed to your student during a tutoring session and they are able to assess an individual’s strengths and weaknesses. This allows the tutor to offer the best possible teaching and learning experience. Students are often more responsive to learning with a tutor than with their own parents too.
- Tutors take advantage of the one-on-one time to also teach organization, time management, note-taking, studying, and test taking skills.
- Tutoring also allows kids to interact directly with their “teacher”. They can ask questions or offer hypothetical situations and discuss them with their tutor. Most students feel less intimidated with a tutor because they are not asking questions in front of an entire classroom of their peers.Tutors encourage questions and interaction and make sure each individual feels comfortable expressing thoughts and ideas in multiple ways.
- College Tutors also help kids establish good study habits and teach them valuable research skills. They make it fun to research and explore answers to questions. They don’t just give your child the answer but they help him or her figure out how to find answers for themselves.
- With their relationship-based tutoring, College Tutors can determine the best way an individual student learns and then use that to help target the needs and to customize the approach. With the parent’s permission, a College Tutor can use the school’s portal to review what was shared in the classroom to prepare a student for tests, or to concentrate on areas needing attention.
- Some children learn better through reading material while others prefer mind-mapping, drawing, discussing, or writing down information. Tutors focus on the way a student prefers to learn to reinforce information and learning. This is particularly important for teens and older students who have developed some preferences already. It is also a time to introduce other creative methods of learning to them.
- Qualified tutors also help high school students prepare for college. They help students prepare for PSAT, ACT, and SAT exams so they perform their very best. They can make a difference in whether or not the student gets into the college of choice.
College Tutors Builds Stronger Families® by offering a complete set of customized tutoring, homework help and college prep services.
- They offer a complete set of one-on-one customized tutoring for all ages and all subjects including college test prep.
- Their tutoring services are provided through one-on-one role model tutors and tailored to each student’s individual needs.
- Tutors are selected for students based on subject matter and grade level to assure students get optimal results from tutoring services. For example, teens require a different type of tutor than those in primary grades.
That is what makes College Tutors different — and that is what makes their students successful.
If you have questions about tutoring and how it works, contact College Nannies & Tutors at 804.346.2242, or visit their website. They are able to match the best tutor for your student’s age and area of study. It’s a great way to give your child an advantage in learning and advancing in an effective and meaningful way.
College Nannies & Tutors is an advertiser on Richmondmom.com