The June Richmondmom.com Monthly Wine Down event is scheduled at The Wine Loft on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 and it will benefit Tricycle Gardens of Richmond.
Time: 6:30-9:00 pm
Location: The Wine Loft in Short Pump
Who: Anyone who wants to have fun and help a great cause!
Thanks to Downtownshortpump.com’s team for partnering with us
each month for these fun events.
About Tricycle Gardens
Tricycle Gardens is a grassroots, environmental nonprofit organization focused on bringing agriculture, nutrition education and healthy food access to the urban core of Richmond, Virginia. Founded in 2002 by three architects living in Church Hill who believed community gardens, and the simple act of growing food, were the fastest ways to transform the overall health of their community – both for the residents and the environment.
The goal of Tricycle Gardens is to transform abandoned, overgrown urban lots into sources of food and opportunities for economic development in low income neighborhoods. Starting with a group of friends and neighbors planting one community garden on a vacant lot owned by The Better Housing Coalition; Tricycle Gardens has grown into four community gardens, three learning gardens, a green house at Bryan Park, a ½-acre urban farm and a 3,000 sq ft edible forest garden at the Science Museum of Virginia.
Invite Others and Join Us!
- The Wine Loft Richmond is the shizzle. It’s a cozy atmosphere that allows for networking so bring a friend, or two, or three! Or come alone, we’ll introduce you around.
- There will be complimentary delicious appetizers provided with discounted wines for purchase.
- We give stuff away. That’s right. . .for every entry fee of $10 we give you a raffle ticket. Additional tickets may be purchased for $1 each (so bring lots of dollars!). We give away photography gift certificates, Richmond Rocks books, and generally cool prizes you will surely put to use.
- All funds raised will benefit the non-profit. Contact us if you want to mail a donation.
- As much as $1,000 is raised each month in just a couple hours at each event at the Wine Loft – we raised over $1,200 at our May 2013 event!
- Over the last three years, we’ve raised thousands of dollars for great Richmond non-profits just by having fun.
For businesses owners who would like to donate a raffle prize, we appreciate you! Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These events may also be sponsored by businesses owners, like the Gundlach sisters, who have a huge charitable heart!