Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12, 2013 and there are plenty of ways to treat mom or grandmom to a special day around Richmond. We’ve compiled a list of some of them – let us know of others by leaving a comment or emailing email@example.com.
Unique Gift Ideas and Freebies for Mom
Love Where You Live – Fantastic Mother’s Day gift! Join us for a fun, hands-on decorative painting class with Richmond’s Stephanie Green. A 2001 honors graduate of the nationally recognized Virginia Commonwealth University Painting and Printmaking department, Stephanie’s work has been featured in both national and local magazines. Her decorative finishes, custom murals, and commissioned paintings are in high demand throughout the Richmond area for both corporate and residential clients.
On May 11 & 12, 2013, the Richmond Symphony will perform two classical pieces: Beethoven’s 5th & The Rite of Spring.While they last, you can save 50% on tickets to Richmond Symphony’s Beethoven’s 5th & The Rite of Spring, no coupon or code required. The tickets are an excellent option for a last-minute Mother’s Day gift.
Free Yogurt at TCBY for mom!
Free meal for mom at Hooter’s (really!).
O’Charley’s celebrates moms! All moms get a free slice of pie at participating O’Charley’s locations.
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar will give mothers who eat at its locations on Mother’s Day a $25 gift card for a future visit. . The gift card must be redeemed by June 15.
Quizno’s – Free sub with purchase of a sub.
Richmond Skating. Moms Skate Free (and free Laser Tag too- SkateNation Plus only) this Sunday May 12. Mother’s Day at SkateNation Plus – Laser Tag, Arcade & Cafe open Noon – 6:00pm. Public Skating from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
- Magnolia Grange Tea – another fine “Mother’s Day Tea” . The guest speaker will Speaker: Kathy Chain, of Herbs of Happy Hill in Chester; $25, Pre-paid Reservations Required: please call (804)796-1479. Guests wiull make tussie-mussies to take home. Tamara Evans will serve Eastern Shore tea, finger sandwiches and desserts. The Magnolia Grange gift shop will be having its “May Gifts from the Garden” sale. Tours of the house will be available. Bring Mom for a wonderful day in our beautiful house. May 8th, Wednesday, at 1pm.
Thursday, May 9
- Mom’s Nite Out – Pampering Moms! On May 9th from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Virginia Center Commons will provide a free evening of relaxation and fun in honor of national Mom’s Nite Out™. The presenting sponsor of Mom’s Nite Out celebration this year is Rethink Varicose Veins. At Virginia Center Commons, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in an exciting evening filled with refreshments, entertainment, fashion and beauty services, all focused on rewarding Moms.The first 50 women in attendance will receive a Mom’s Nite Out Swag Bag, filled with coupons, samples and other goodies provided by mall retailers.
Friday, May 10
- Mother’s Day Family Tree at Spirited Art. It’s a Mother’s Day Family Celebration! Bring your mom on a date.
Saturday, May 11
- Race for the Cure – The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. 2013 marks the 16th Anniversary for Central Virginia’s Race for the Cure®! The Central Virginia Race was started to honor Jennifer Norvell Saunders’ mother, Joanne Norvell and since 1998 has raised over $5 million to fight breast cancer!
- Spirited Art – Celebrate Mother’s Day with a Momma and Baby Bird painting – paint with the kids and have fun!
- Mother’s Day Doll Tea Party at 3pm and 4pm. Kids are invited to wear their finest and bring a doll or teddy beas to enjoy making a special felt flower bouquet for Mom or Grandma. Space is limited. Call to reserve a spot. Cost is $10 ages 4 and older.
- Sweetheart Frame at Local Lowes Stores. 10am – Your child will love building this Planter and decorating it with their favorite creatures and characters from DreamWorks Animation’s THE CROODS! Registration required. The perfect Mother’s Day gift!
- Mother and Daughters Tea at Patrick Henry Scotchtown. 10am – 12 noon. Celebrate Mother’s Day with your daughter(s). Enjoy special crafts,18th century games and activities and a tea party on the lawn. Come dress your best ladies and join us. May 11, 2013 10:00am through 12:00pm (noon).Purchase tickets – event is in Beaverdam, VA.
The Chick-fil-A® restaurants in the Richmond area will host a “Date Knight” for mothers and sons on Saturday, May 11 from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. During this special evening, moms and their sons are encouraged to spend some time together while they enjoy dinner, great conversation and several medieval-themed activities.Reservations are required, and seatings are available at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. The activities for the evening are free, minus the cost of food. Customers can visit www.mothersondate.com to make a reservation.
- Birth Mother’s Day is a day to honor women who have made an adoption plan for their child. Please join us for a brunch, fellowship, day of pampering, and gifts to take home. Bethany Christian Services, 1510 Willow Lawn Drive, Richmond. Suite 203.
Sunday, May 12
- Mother’s Day Strawberry Shortcake & Wine Pairing – Bring Mom out for a very special pairing of Strawberry Shortcake and Wine! Enjoy the afternoon on our shaded patio or overlook the vineyards while sitting on the balcony.
- Village Green at Westchester Commons for a free Spring Concert Series.Route 64 performing – This Sunday’s Mother’s Day concert features extras, too. Ladies can pick up a free gift at the Westchester Commons table, plus there’ll be a free photobooth on site, giving you a chance to take fun pics with family & friends. Westchester Commons is located at Rt. 288 & Midlothian Tpk in Midlothian.
- Lewis Ginter Concert and Brunch/Lunch. Included with Garden admission. Treat Mom to a special day! Glennroy Bailey & Company will be back again this year to fill the air with the sounds of smooth jazz.
- Spirited Art – Come out and create your own “Family Tree” with us for Mother’s Day. Our instructors will lead you step by step as you create your own Mother’s Day masterpiece. Have your kids help create your “Family Tree” and add the names for each person on the branches.
- 2013 House Tour – From 1pm – 6pm – 19th Annual Museum District Mother’s Day House & Garden Tour. Join honorary chair Maya Smart and her family and celebrate Mother’s Day in style, touring some of the Museum District’s loveliest homes and gardens.
- Amuse – Mother’s Day Sunday brunch with a view! Treat mom to a meal with either a view of the VMFA’s Sculpture Garden or the atrium. 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Brunch Menu.
- Agecroft Hall – Spend the afternoon enjoying Agecroft Hall’s gardens and grounds. Free! Tickets are required. Upon arrival, please go to the front desk for ticketing information. 12:30pm-5pm. In addition, there will be a free evening concert on Agecroft’s lawn featuring theRichmond Concert Band, beginning at 6:00 pm. Picnics, lawn chairs, and blankets are welcome at the concert. The manor house will also be open for tours on that day at the customary charge of $8 Adults, $7 Senior Adults, and $5 Students. Free for Children under 6.
- Mother’s Day Wine and Chocolate Celebration – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 1575 Keswick Winery Dr., Keswick – Celebrate Mother’s Day with two Charlottesville area favorites: Keswick Winery is pairing its wines with chocolates by Gearhart’s. A sweet way to celebrate Mother’s Day and only $5 for mothers, $10 for others.
Monday, May 13
- Garden Tea Party at the home of Richard & Sherry Sharp (Former CEO of Circuit City and CarMax). Enjoy the garden tea party with Sweet Monday. A great way to celebrate Mother’s Day, even though it is one day late! Fundraiser and wonderful tour of the gardens.