The Hanover Habitat for Humanity’s Young Professionals Group is holding a social media based scavenger hunt to take place in Hanover Counties. It’s a fun event and winners will receive gifts to be announced during a celebration at Ruritan Park with live music and light refreshments. So here’s what you need to know:
- The event is being held November 9, 2013 from 3pm-7pm at Ruritan Park, 14000 Hanover Quarter Road, Hanover, VA
- To participate, there must be at least one legal driver as it does involve visitation to various locations throughout the community.
- Teams of 2-6 can participate (depending on the number of seat belts in the car!).
- Participants receive a list of clues to visit and take a picture of specific things.
- Take a photograph at each location proving you were there, and post it on Twitter. Every team member must be visible in each photograph. Every photograph must be posted on Twitter, including the following in each post: tag Hanover Habitat (@HanoverHabitat), the clue number, and your team name! Posting to include hashtag your #team name, #hanoverharvesthunt, and #location.
- The price to participate is $10 per person.
- Prizes will be awarded to winners.
- While judges are reviewing photos/posts, participants enjoy a “Construction Carnival” with food, music, and fun activities.
Timeline of Events
3:00 – 3:30pm – Registration
3:45pm – Receive list of clues
4:00pm – Teams can leave to go find clues!
5:30pm – Teams must return by 5:30pm; Late teams will be disqualified
5:30pm – Enjoy the festivities
6:30pm – Winners will be announced and prizes awarded
Hanover Habitat for Humanity is an interfaith nonprofit Christian organization, committed in partnership with qualified families and community volunteers to create and sell homes with no-profit mortgages.
Through responsible and affordable homeownership, our Partner Families can break the cycle of poverty and build brighter futures. In addition, working together to construct homes strengthens community bonds and improves our County.