Who ever says no to chocolate and toffee? We have this great recipe for Salted Chocolate Toffee Matzo which is simple to make but very addictive. With just 6 ingredients (most of them are common pantry items), you can create a delicious sweet treat. If you like the combination of chocolate and toffee, this is the recipe you need to try!
Salted Chocolate Toffee Matzo
For the toffee:
1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
1 cup of firmly packed dark brown sugar (for maximum flavor use dark)
1 (12 oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (smaller the chips, the better)
5 unsalted matzos
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 teaspoon of coarse salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Once the oven reaches temperature, place chopped pecans on a baking pan and bake for 6-8 minutes.
3. On another baking pan, cover it with aluminum foil. Make sure to cover the entire baking pan.
4. Place matzos on the aluminum cover baking pan. Cover the entire baking pan and break it into pieces if needed (try to keep them into large pieces)
5. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and then add the dark brown sugar. Stir constantly until the mixture bubbles consistently and it becomes thick.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and pour toffee mixture over the matzos. Spread the mixture evenly over the matzos.
7. Place the pan into the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes. You want to bake it just enough until the entire toffee mixture is bubbling.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool down for about 1 minute.
9. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly all over the toffee. Wait 3-4 minutes for the chocolate chips to melt. Use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate all over.
10. Sprinkle the toasted pecans and salt evenly.
11. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes and then enjoy!