Having a baby can be exciting and scary at the same time. You are bringing a life into this world and you may start to question whether or not you can do it. You will definitely have a lot of questions as first time parents. You will also need to prepare for all the parenting advice you will receive. Some of the advice will be extremely useful while the other advice not so much.
We came across this commercial that sifts through all the advice that a soon-to-be parent might receive and reduced it to 10 helpful and useful tips.
10. Do what works for you and don’t get on the internet because you can Google anything and everyone has a different opinion.
9. Get on a schedule!
8. Be sure to take time for yourself. Go to they gym, drop the baby off at grandma’s, take a 20 minute nap, etc.
7. Discover who your baby is and let them be. Don’t try to mold them to what you want.
6. Be prepared for the unexpected because it will happen.
5. You’re going to have to make room for the baby. They come with SO many things!!!
4. Memories are the only thing you’ll have after all is said and done. So be sure to make and keep some keepsakes.
3. Be grateful for your kids!
2. Don’t be too hard on yourself. The house can wait. All of the chores can wait.
1. The one thing you can’t understand and prepare for, that you’re not going to know until you experience it is all the love. Be prepared to love something more than you ever thought you could.
For people who are already parents, you might need a tissue by the time you get to number one. We hope you enjoy these 10 things that parents wished they knew before having a baby.