School year has started for your kids and your schedules are filling up fast. After-school activities, sports, work, and school events keep your family busy non-stop! Take a break from the busy schedules to slow down and have some quality family fun. We have the perfect event for your family. The State Fair of Virginia is coming and it offers ten days of entertainment, concerts, food, education, and fun!
The State Fair of Virginia runs from September 29 to October 8, 2017 at The Meadow Event Park. It features ten nights of concerts filled with soulful bluegrass, catchy country, and retro ’80s hits. On September 30th, The Crooked Road series highlight the traditional music of Southwest Virginia with artists Five Mile Mountain Road, The New Ballards Branch Bogtrotters and Adam McPeak and Mountain Thunder. The 10 days of music will conclude with country artist and Lynchburg native Phil Vassar on October 8. He has had multiple hits as both a songwriter and a performer and has performed with Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson and Jo Dee Messina. Click here for a full schedule of concerts.
In addition to the concerts, there are numerous entertainment shows and programs for the whole family! Some of these include:
- Famous Rosaire’s Racing Pigs – The crowd-pleasing racing pigs are back! Cheer on your favorite oinker during the daily competitions!
- Xpogo Stunt Team – Extreme Pogo enthusiasts will have your mouths dropping as they fly through the air performing gravity-defying stunts.
- Rodeo – The rodeo rolls into town and will be at the State Fair of Virginia on 10/5 & 10/6. Hold on tight for the ride of your life!
- Who doesn’t like a little destruction? If your family likes a little bit more excitement, make sure to attend the Demolition Derby – Smash ’em up!
- Secretariat Tourism Program – The State Fair of Virginia salutes Triple Crown legend Secretariat here at his birthplace every day. Fairgoers can see his historic barns, walk in his enormous 25-ft. racing stride, watch videos of his spectacular races and even take a “Selfie with Secretariat” by his life-size poster.
You also can’t forget the rides, crafts, baked goods, arts, and animals that are so iconic when it comes to state fairs. This year’s fair will offer one-of-a-kind experiences for riders of all ages! Two new rides, Hyrda and Enterprise, join the list of thrilling rides (click here for a full ride list). If you love animals, Young MacDonald’s Farm and Southland Dairy Farmer Center are the places to be. See the famous sliding baby chicks, cow-birthing center, goats, pigs, and other animals that your little ones will love. For all that the State Fair of Virginia has to offer, check out their website (http://www.statefairva.org)!
Take your family to the State Fair of Virginia for an amazing time of fun!
Click here to purchase tickets to the fair
** Special Offers **
- Walgreens – Save at least $3 at participating Walgreens throughout Virginia and online when you buy in advance. Advance tickets are on sale at Walgreens August 30 – September 28. Save $5 on advance unlimited ride wristbands and $3 on advance admission tickets (child, senior, adult).
- Food Lion – On Opening Day, September 29, bring five Food Lion brand non-perishible food products to the main gate in the Ticket Plaza to receive $5 off admission. Collected food will be donated to the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank and FeedMore.
- Food Lion – Stop by area Food Lion stores in September to pick up your $5 off coupon for weekday unlimited ride wristbands (making wristbands $20). Present your coupon at ride ticket booths in the Midway and Kidway. Find coupons at participating Food Lion stores. Click here for a full list.