The Steward School offers camps you won’t find anywhere else, in a beautiful setting in Richmond’s West End that’s just 10 minutes southeast of Short Pump. With the ability to hold camps in the arts, athletics, academics, and innovation at top-notch facilities, plus serve as a host for outside groups, Steward is set up for a summer of fun and enrichment, including full-day camps to accommodate working parents’ schedules. There is also the option to sign up for a full summer of camps and save!
Many of our camps are half-days and can pieced together to create a full day of camp from 9 a.m.-4:00 p.m. If you can’t find an all-day camp that suits your needs, consider choosing a morning camp (9 a.m.-12 p.m.) and adding Afternoon Adventures for $200.
We are going innovation crazy this summer with numerous choices:
- Campers can Dream It, Build It by conducting science experiments with their own models and designs. They’ll build their favorite superheroes in Mining and Crafting, navigate the “planet” in Drone Pilot Academy, and have fun advancing their coding skills in Codemoji.
- With a low coach-to-player ratio, all Steward sports camps offer the opportunity to learn the basics for beginners and to hone skills for more experienced athletes. Keep kids busy with lacrosse, soccer, cheerleading, tennis, baseball, field hockey, volleyball, and “All Sports,” plus Bob Foley Basketball, Overtime Athletics, and Virginia Fishing Adventures.
- Arts camps are one-of-a-kind at Steward because our facilities are world class, and our instructors go above and beyond to provide unique experiences. Go on an African Safari, become a guitar hero, or explore Under the Sea themes in Steward’s Cramer Center for the Arts. Young artists can go on a World Tour through Pastel Drawings or spend two weeks immersed in the world of Glass and Pottery. Students will be happy to get their hands and smocks messy as they dream, create, and collaborate on art projects throughout the summer!
- We offer excellent academic camps designed to get students ready for the next school year while still enjoying their summer. We have language arts and math camps for every age group; these camps are designed to make the subjects come alive (making summer reading and math assignments easier!) in a relaxed summer setting. We make learning fun in camps like From Sediment to the Stars, Mateys and Mermaids, Summer Book Club, and Rock and Roll Club. We also offer camps like Kindergarten Discovery and Scribbles and Wiggles to help our youngest students prepare academically and socially for the year ahead.
- Steward offers cooking camps for aspiring chefs in our state-of-the-art Bryan Innovation Lab with its hands-on gardens and test kitchen. Students can Go Global or Farm to Table in Young Chefs camps. Edible Education will lead the ever-popular Open a Bakery; and older kids can take Culinary Camp to gain some real kitchen experience under the tutelage of a professional chef.
- Helping others and exposure to important causes are at the forefront of Community Service Sampler, through which older campers will work at multiple locations on projects that will help them develop good stewardship skills.
- Have you ever wanted to build your own city? Or design a dream house? In Architecture 101, older campers will learn about proportion, scale, measurement, and craftsmanship, using professional-grade resources and recycled materials to create miniature architectural models.
- Do you have high school students who need to use the summer to prepare for the future? Steward will host RVA Driving Academy for Driver’s Education classes, and two experienced teachers will hold an SAT Prep session to help improve scores, increase confidence, and reduce test-taking stress.
Campers as young as age 4 can find a way to have a fantastic SUMMER EXPERIENCE at The Steward School. Our camps are open to the community—welcome!
Content and images for this article were provided by The Steward School.