We’ve mostly all heard about FeedMore and the critical role the organization plays in the lives of Richmond area residents.
Did you know that September is Hunger Action Month?
This is a time when the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks, including FeedMore, unites to urge individuals to take action in their communities. The goal is to mobilize all of Central Virginia to get involved with hunger-relief efforts in our community.
According to the FeedMore website:
“Last fiscal year, FeedMore distributed 20-million pounds to nearly 400 partner agencies through our Central Virginia Food Bank, served 1,056,112 meals to 12,368 children through our Children’s Programs (Kids Cafe, Summer Food, and BackPacks), provided 323,097 meals to 1,628 unduplicated homebound individuals through Meals on Wheels, and distributed 1,098,383 pounds of food to 71,265 individuals through our Mobile Pantry.”
FeedMore is always in need of food no matter what month it is or time of year. FeedMore serves various populations including:
- Local children who need a nutritional foundation to learn and grow
- Central Virginia families struggling to provide for themselves
- Your senior neighbors who need food and services for health and independence
- Our region’s most vulnerable people
There are many ways to give to FeedMore including individual food donations, group food drives, financial donations, and other ways. Mike Smith of MIDAS of Richmond makes it easy to give through many different events throughout the year.
Now there’s another way to help FeedMore get more of what they need to feed hungry families.
nTelos is Giving Away Money
Once again, nTelos Wireless is helping another charity in our area. They are donating from $1 to $1,500 to a charity, based on the number of tweets and shares for the contest. And each person votes for their favorite charity to win on the Richmondmom.com website. There are three charities involved and FeedMore is one of them. You have an opportunity to vote for your favorite charity to win this generous donation from nTelos. The three charities include:
Here’s how it works:
- Vote for your favorite charity to win by clicking here.
- For every Facebook “like” and “share”, $1 will go to the winning charity people vote for through Richmondmom.com.
- For every “Tweet” and “Retweet” that uses the hashtag #nTelosCaresRVA, $1 goes to the winning charity.
- The winning charity could win up to $1,500!
- REMEMBER: Your favorite charity from the list above PLUS #nTelosCaresRVA must be in each post or tweet for the vote to count!
So get busy socializing and let everyone know about this contest so your charity can win. The contest runs from Monday, September 16, 2013 until September 30, 2013 at 5pm. Vote for your favorite charity today and tell everyone else too.