Prevent Child Abuse Virginia (PVAC) is an organization dedicated to the health and welfare of our children. PCAV prevents child abuse and neglect through:
- public education and awareness
- training prevention professionals
- advocating for children & families at the state & local level
They champion positive parenting and communities where children are free from abuse and neglect.
You may not realize how important PCAV is in our community. But the facts tell the story:
- From July 2011 through June 2012, 52,675 children were reported as possible victims of abuse and/or neglect in 35,478 completed reports to Virginia’s city and county departments of social services.
- In addition, 37,336 children were involved in reports that received a family assessment. This means that a Child Protective Services worker completed a family services needs assessment with these families; developed a written safety plan if needed; and, provided or arranged for services, if needed.
- In State Fiscal Year 2012 there were 110 completed investigations of child deaths due to suspected abuse or neglect. Thirty-five (35) children died as a result of abuse or neglect and 31 of these children were age 4 years or younger.**Four cases are still pending as of 1-15-2013.
- 31.26% of all victims in founded investigations of child abuse and neglect were children younger than age 4.
- Abusive parents can be your friends, your neighbors or your relatives. Child maltreatment affects all economic, racial, social, ethnic and religious groups.
PVAC depends on volunteers and donations to continue providing services and outreach to our youngest members of society who are also our most vulnerable. Child abuse and neglect can be prevented—with your support.
And now, there is a new way to help raise funds for PVAC.
nTelos is Giving Away Money
Once again, nTelos Wireless is helping another charity in our area. They are donating from $1 to $1,500 to a charity, based on the number of tweets and shares for the contest. And each person votes for their favorite charity to win on the Richmondmom.com website. There are three charities involved and Prevent Child Abuse Virginia is one of them. You have an opportunity to vote for your favorite charity to win this generous donation from nTelos. The three charities include:
Here’s how it works:
- Vote for your favorite charity to win by clicking here.
- For every Facebook “like” and “share”, $1 will go to the winning charity people vote for through Richmondmom.com.
- For every “Tweet” and “Retweet” that uses the hashtag #nTelosCaresRVA, $1 goes to the winning charity.
- The winning charity could win up to $1,500!
- REMEMBER: Your favorite charity from the list above PLUS #nTelosCaresRVA must be in each post or tweet for the vote to count!
So get busy socializing and let everyone know about this contest so your charity can win. The contest runs from Monday, September 16, 2013 until September 30, 2013 at 5pm. Vote for your favorite charity today and tell everyone else too.
Thank you nTelos Wireless!