U. S. News & World Report recently published an article (February 13, 2013), about the value of 529 Plans – and they cited a Virginia resident who more than doubles the interest rate on the savings accounts that are a part of his 529 plans, tax-advantaged college investment accounts, than he does from his bank.
In the article they note, “Virginia offers a savings account in its state 529 plan with approximately a 2 percent interest rate. The national average for savings account interest rates was less than 0.1 percent for the week of February 8, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.”
This is no surprise to savvy Virginia parents who are already taking advantage of VA 529 plans. There are 4 plans to choose from making it a great option for many different situations.
Taking advantage of VA 529 plans just makes sense when thinking about college tuition in years to come. But there are other reasons too.
VA 529 places emphasis on their role as citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia and leaders of the 529 industry.
- All employees have two paid days per year to give back to their communities and volunteer with non-profit organizations of their choice.
- In addition, VA529 employees partner with Junior Achievement, the Christmas Mother, the Central Virginia Foodbank, Partnership for the Future, and the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign to provide volunteers, resources and donations to support the communities in which we live.
- Every day they seek ways to assist families through program enhancements, technology improvements, targeted education, and scholarship.
- They are motivated by seeing students achieve their dreams of a college education.
- In January 2013, an OnWallStreet.com article noted, “Among 529 savings plans, Virginia’s CollegeAmerica plan, offered by American Funds, continued to dominate.”
Visit the website to learn more and join the leader in 529 Plans today – for a better future for your kids tomorrow.
Take advantage of even more savings with your Richmondmom.com Savvy Saver card – registration fees are waived!
VA 529 Plans is an advertiser on Richmondmom.com